Dear our Patients and Friends,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our office is fully open now. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are adopting to the New Normal. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have experienced accordingly during your past visits to our office. Our infection control processes are further enhanced now so that when you receive care, it's both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidances that have been issued.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we have taken (as outlined below) to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (201) 943-6468 or visit our website at www.mintdentalnj.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Kim and Staff
COVID-19 Infection Control
In addition to our already existing stringent infection control protocols, we have made some changes to ensure the highest safety of our patients and staff. Mint Dental has infection control policies and systems in place that meet or exceed the Center for Disease Control’s Standard Precautions for Dental Practices. We thank you for the trust you have placed in us over the years and the opportunity to continue treatment in the most secure and safe manner.
A Day Before Appointment
- We are conducting paperless Pre-visit screening for all patients with upcoming appointments. You'll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. Any patients experiencing or showing any signs and/or symptoms will be requested to reschedule the appointments.
Day of Appointment
- You should wear face mask at all times except during treatment time.
- Upon entering the office, temperature will be taken with a scanning forehead thermometer. Any patients with fever, cough, shortness of breath or other COVID-19 symptom will be rescheduled.
- Apply hand sanitizer provided at front door upon entering and after appointments.
- Pre-rinsing right before the treatment/exam will be provided.
- Minimize the use of cell phones during appointments.
- We've added time between appointments to allow for sanitizing and to keep patients apart from one another to avoid high volume or density.
- We have implemented paperless check in and out.
- Only patients, or patients plus one critical caregiver, are allowed into the office for an appointment.
- Any Patients who were diagnose with COVID-19 must have an all clear notification from their physician before entering our office.
- As a result of all these additional cautionary measures, the office will likely have less flexibility with appointment slots.
Clean Air System
Clean air is an essential part of protecting our patients and staff.
- Medify's medical grade H13 air filters are placed in each treatment room and throughout the office. Medical grade H13 filter captures 99.97% particles down to 0.1 microns.
The Isolite System by Zyris installed in each treatment room in addition to the standard suction to provide two channels of continuous hands-free vacuum suction via HVE can reduce aerosol and spatter in dental procedures. In reducing spatter, your exposure to bacteria and airborne pathogens decreases significantly.
Infection Control / Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
In addition to routine disinfection, all surfaces touched by patients, will be wiped down after every single patient using products that meet EPA’s criteria for use against SARS-CoV2.
We are using a higher level of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) than is recommended by the CDC for dental offices. We commit to the highest-standards in keeping our office sanitized and practicing good hygiene.